Complete your term start requirements by the "in good standing" deadline:
- Send in reservation fee
- Living on campus? Apply for housing + complete roommate questionnaire
- Make a payment plan + submit required documents to Student Financial Services
- Complete your health requirements
- Sign up for Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) — or opt out IF you have coverage
- International Students: Complete your pre-arrival checklist
- Submit final high school transcript(s) + proof of graduation
- In order to be in good standing with the university, new students need to complete term start requirements. The final deadline to complete these requirements is:
Winter term: Nov 1, 2013
Spring term: Mar 11, 2014
Fall term: Jul 18, 2014
* If you do not complete term start requirements, your housing & class assignments may be removed and holds will be placed on your account.
- Students or parents with disabilities should call 305-892-7026 to make the proper arrangements for assistance during Orientation.
During Orientation, you’ll get ready for class by completing check-in items like:
- Getting your student ID
- Setting up your email account
- Getting familiar with jwuLink, our online student system
- Finalizing work-study paperwork through Student Employment
- Completing academic assessments + planning
- Reviewing your fall term class schedule via jwulink
- Familiarizing yourself with campus transportation + directions
- Purchasing textbooks and supplies at the JWU Bookstore
- Submitting your parking permit (if bringing a car to campus)
What to Bring
- Familiarize yourself with our campus’ professional dress policy.
Culinary students receive uniforms during Orientation. Hospitality and business majors must provide their own professional attire.
- Living on campus? Residential Life can fill you in on what to bring.
- If eligible for work study, check list of acceptable original documentation.
- If parking a car on campus, check parking for list of needed documents.
- Plan on budgeting $700-1,400 per year for books and supplies. This is not included in your tuition. Books and supplies are available in our bookstore. You can also see required books in jwuLink class schedules.