It is very difficult to find short-term, furnished housing options in the US. Therefore, exchange visitors are advised to live in university residence halls. Living in a residence hall provides the convenience of a pre-furnished room and a meal plan. In addition, you're close to university classrooms, libraries and student life.

While residence halls feature shared rooms and may be smaller and less private than your current living arrangements, they also provide a genuine American college experience.

Standard Housing is available to exchange visitors. Standard rooms house two-four students with a shared, non-private bath.

View residence hall descriptions and floor plans. Please fill out the On-Campus Housing Request form (60K PDF) and email it to International Student Services.

The university only houses students 23 years of age or younger. If you are 24 or older, you must submit an email request to the Office of Residential Life explaining that you are a short-term exchange student in need of on-campus housing.

The Housing Contract is binding and obligates you to pay for room and board charges until the end of the academic year or the end of your exchange student term, whichever comes first.

Important Information about Living on Campus
All university housing facilities are drug-, alcohol- and smoke-free. All halls are coed and provide access to laundry facilities, snack machines and rec rooms.

Every student gets a bed, desk, dresser and closet. Consult the checklist of recommended items to bring; these include twin-sized linens (extra-long is recommended), a pillow, quilt/bedspread, towels, desk lamp, mirror, clothes hangers and seasonal clothing.

All residence halls close for the Christmas break, and only one residence hall remains open during the summer term. Students who will be taking summer classes must vacate the residence halls their last day classes at the end of the summer term.