Student ID

The Johnson & Wales University student identification (ID) card is issued to all enrolled students and must be carried at all times. Students must present their ID cards upon request to authorized university representatives.

Your student ID card enables you to attend university-sponsored events, gain access to campus facilities, use print release stations, request transcripts and degree audits, and receive meals in the Student Dining Center.

A JWU student ID card is required for admittance to the Library and at the Bookstore to obtain uniforms, to use a credit card or to sell back textbooks. Student Affairs may also request that you present your ID card when purchasing tickets and attending performances and other activities.

A JWU ID card is solely for the use of the person to whom the card is issued, and it is strictly prohibited for students to use each other’s cards.

Lost, Stolen, Damaged or Malfunctioning ID Card
If an ID card is lost or stolen you must report it to the Campus Safety & Security immediately and your ID card can be replaced. There may be a charge of $15 for a replacement card.

If a card is damaged (i.e. bent, cracked, etc.), present the card to Campus Safety & Security. You will be charged the $15 replacement fee and receive a new ID card.

If a card is malfunctioning, bring it to Campus Safety & Security so that they might assess and correct the problem.

Receiving Your ID Card
We will take your photo and you will receive your student ID card over the summer at New Student Orientation. If you do not attend New Student Orientation, you will have your photo taken and receive your student ID card during Term Start.

For information about your student ID card contact:
Campus Safety & Security
Cedar Hall South, Suite 113
(east breezeway in Cedar Hall South next to the Student Activities)
Office: 980-598-1900
Fax: 980-598-1802
24 hours a day, 365 days a year