Health Forms & Requirements

As a prerequisite for registration, Johnson & Wales University requires that all new, full-time students — both residents and commuters — must submit documented proof of the following:

  • Physical exam within the past 12 months
    • Download and complete Examination Form 2 (84K PDF).
    • It must be signed by a physician. If you are under 18 the form must also be signed by a parent or guardian.
    • If you are under 18 you also will be required to provide proof of 3 Polio Vaccines
  • Three (3) tetanus-diphtheria vaccines (DTP/DTaP/Td) with one Tdap booster dose within last 10 years (required)
  • Negative TB test or chest x-ray within the last year is required for entering students who are from highly endemic countries and have been residents in the United States for less than five (5) years
  • Two (2) MMRs: measles, mumps, rubella vaccine (required)
  • Hepatitis B series and two (2) Chicken Pox vaccines (required)
    • Hepatitis A series optional
  • Meningitis Vaccine is required for students residing in university residence halls; a waiver of this requirement is available for students 22 years of age and older. Please contact Health Services for further information
  • If you plan to compete on one of our athletic teams, Physical Exam Form 2A (57K PDF) must also be completed

Failure to meet any of these requirements will result in a Health Services hold being placed on your account, which will prohibit you from registering/reinstating at the university. In addition, since you will no longer be considered an active, full-time student, you will not be eligible to reside on campus and will lose your housing assignment. All documents must be submitted to Health & Counseling Services before a hold will be removed.

You have a right to confidential health care. At Health & Counseling Services, all medical information is confidential and will not be released without written consent, unless otherwise required by law.

If you would like your medical records released to our office or released to a third party, contact our office for the appropriate forms.

Health Services FAQ