During the summer before your junior
or senior year, explore a variety of careers in the fields of culinary arts or baking & pastry arts. Our programs include housing, all meals, instructional materials and additional activities.
Experience life at JWU first-hand, and discover the path to your future. During your
Career Explorations visit, you will stay on campus, meet faculty, talk with current students and more!
Scroll through this page — or click the links below — to learn more.
Attending Career Explorations offers you a unique opportunity to explore a career before committing to it. Program offerings vary
Baking & Pastry Arts
Come explore careers in the baking and pastry industry at
the university's International Baking & Pastry Institute. You will learn as you produce pastries and
plated desserts at the direction of our world-class pastry chefs.
Cost (3 Nights): $325 for Drive-in; $600 for Fly-in Cost (6 Nights – Baking & Pastry Arts + Culinary Arts): $650 for Drive-in; $925 for Fly-in
Interested in a career in the culinary industry? Explore
culinary programs with connections in health, wellness, food science and food production. As a
globally-recognized culinary educator, here you will learn the craft and art of cooking alongside our
Cost (3 Nights): $325 for Drive-in; $600 for Fly-in Cost (6 Nights): $650 for Drive-in; $925 for Fly-in Cost (6 Nights – Baking & Pastry Arts + Culinary Arts): $650 for Drive-in; $925 for Fly-in
Fashion Experience Weekend
Will you be part of the next generation of fashion
trendsetters? Join us to explore the world of fashion and learn about retailing, merchandise buying,
advertising, sales and fashion promotion.
Cost (2 Nights): $275 for Drive-in; $550 for Fly-in
* Lodging accommodations
* All meals upon arrival
* City and campus tours
* Extracurricular activities
* Instructional materials
* Round-trip airfare (Fly-In only)
* Transportation to and from airport (Fly-In only)
Costs (Drive-In Vs. Fly-In)
Costs for course selections are as follows:
If you choose our drive-in option, costs for course selections are as follows:
Fashion Experience Weekend (2 Nights): $275
Baking & Pastry Arts (3 Nights): $325
Culinary Arts (3 Nights): $325
Culinary Arts (6 Nights): $650
Baking & Pastry Arts and Culinary Arts (6 Nights): $650
If you live MORE than a 6-hour drive from campus, but within the contiguous U.S.,
you're eligible for our fly-in option. Please contact us if you're traveling from outside of the US. Costs for your course selections are as follows:
Fashion Experience Weekend (2 Nights): $550
Baking & Pastry Arts (3 Nights): $600
Culinary Arts (3 Nights): $600
Culinary Arts (6 Nights): $925
Baking & Pastry Arts and Culinary Arts (6 Nights): $925
Things to Know
* If you live outside the contiguous U.S., please contact us to determine your eligibility.
* Direct flights are not guaranteed.
* Arrival flights may be scheduled for the day before the event date, depending on where you live and flight schedules.
* JWU reserves the right to select the next closest airport if flights are not available during the parameters of
* If you make your own flight arrangements, you will be responsible for arriving on time to the event.
Registration Deadlines Fly-in — July 17 Events: 7/3/20
Drive-in — July 17 Events: 7/14/20
Fly-in — July 20 Event: 7/6/20
Drive-in — July 20 Event: 7/17/20
Refunds & Cancellations
* Registration cancellations should be sent in writing (by mail or email) to Admissions Events. A full refund
will be given if the request is received at least two weeks prior to the start of the program. Confirmation of
cancellations will be sent to the student's email address provided to us in the registration.
*If a reservation is cancelled after airline tickets have been purchased by the university, the participant is
required to reimburse the university for the entire cost of the airline ticket(s).
* Fly-In registrations are nonrefundable and nontransferable (at any time) after plane tickets have been
purchased by JWU.
* Participants are responsible for any costs incurred due to changes in flight arrangements once tickets have been
* The university reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment. In such cases, the full
program fee is refundable.
* The university assumes no responsibility for any other expenses incurred due to cancellation of a program.