Welcome, Becker Transfer Students!

Gaebe Commons in Spring

We are excited that you are considering JWU!

Whether you’re ready to apply today or still want to find out if JWU is the right fit for you, we’re here to help. We have premier majors ranging from advertising, computer science, equine studies, graphic design, biology, and more. Discover the program that is right for you! We are excited to show you the entire JWU experience.

If you have any questions regarding enrollment at Johnson & Wales University, please contact:

Cristina J. Torres
Assistant Director, Undergraduate Admissions

How to Transfer to JWU

Begin the transfer process with just one step! Start your application now.

Transfer to JWU

Explore Johnson & Wales

Arial view of Providence campus

Whether it’s in-person or from home, we invite you to check out JWU today!

Providence is the ultimate college town! Home to more than 4,500+ Wildcats, the city has a thriving arts and music scene, professional sports and access to more than 380 miles of nearby coastline. With 100+ student-run clubs, NCAA Division III athletics and fully-equipped residence halls, life at our flagship campus is equally non-stop. Schedule a tour of our flagship campus today or explore all it has to offer from home!

Schedule a Campus Tour 

What’s there to do in Providence? Read more about the 8 reasons JWU loves Providence!

Tim Higginson Headshot

A Fresh Start at JWU

“It’s such a different atmosphere here. It’s like family. My professors have opened so many doors for me.”

Tim Higginson '20, Criminal Justice

Read Tim’s Story

Campus Transfer FAQs

How much does it cost to apply to JWU?

There is no fee when applying to Johnson & Wales University.

What is the application deadline for admission?

Transfer students can apply anytime; however, students are encouraged to complete the application process as soon as possible before the semester start, preferably 30 days prior.

What are the criteria for transferring credits?

Transfer credit evaluations are based on previous college work as it relates to your intended field of study. Credit is usually granted for courses completed with a grade of “C” or better (with a numeric value of 2.00) at another accredited institution (recognized by the U.S. Department of Education). Grades of “pass” are also acceptable for transfer if credit was awarded (and a grade of “P” has the numeric value of 2.00 or greater). Credits earned in developmental and remedial courses or CEUs are nontransferable.

What financial information do I need to send?

Are you entering in any term other than September? If so, you must submit a financial aid transcript from every school you attended after high school — even if you did not receive aid at the other school(s). Contact the financial aid office at each school and request that they forward an official financial aid transcript to JWU’s Student Financial Services.