Congrats Shark Fest winners!
- First place: Julius Searight - Food 4 Good
- Second place: Kevin Rutledge - Tip Flops
- Third place & Audience Choice Award: Hai Pham - Digital Signals
Shark Fest is an annual event in which JWU students and alums compete to win up to $2,500 to help start their own business.
If you’d like to view an archived copy of the event please click here. Note this link will not work on all mobile devices
The Larry Friedman International Center for Entrepreneurship (LFICE) is the hub for entrepreneurial activity on the JWU Providence campus. The e-Center brings together entrepreneurial studies, experiential opportunities, alumni mentors, venture funding and the small business support services to transform students into entrepreneurs and their ideas into commercial or social enterprises. The e-Center coordinates activities with both undergraduate and graduate programs and encourages cross-functional learning opportunities by teams of students from diverse academic disciplines and experiences. The e-Center also serves as a bridge to local, national and international businesses, chambers of commerce, business groups and government agencies such as the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and the Small Business Administration (SBA).
e-Center Program Offerings
- Workshops and seminars on entrepreneurial topics
- Access to online resources
- Sharkfest entrepreneurship contest where students compete for seed money and venture support
- Monthly Fearless guest speaker program featuring successful entrepreneurs who share their experiences
- Student business incubator with private and co-working space
- Student Venture Fund
- Alumni mentoring program
- One-on-One coaching
- Monthly idea exchange/brainstorming sessions "What Bugs You?"
- eNews bulletins on student entrepreneurial activity, tips and articles of interest
- Memberships in College Entrepreneur Organization (C.E.O.)
Ready to take your business or idea to the next level? The staff at the e-Center is ready to help you start achieving your goals and as an aspiring business owner. Please contact Deborah Giblin at 401.598.2474 to setup an appointment with one of our mentors.